Net Worth and Returns by account Reports

Options

I have one account in Charles Schwab that is ignored when I include it on a Net Worth Report and a Returns By Account Report. Quicken will advise that no account(s) are found in my picks or in that date range if I include it. If I don't include, I will get a Returns By Account Report for everything else. It does include it, if I do a Portfolio Value Report by Security.

Anybody else have this issue?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Go to Tools > Account list and right click on Edit next to the account name. On the Display Options tab, is the "Keep this account separate" box checked? If so, un-check it.

Then go to Tools > Net worth & Balances and open the built-in Net Worth report. Is the account included on that report?

Is this the report that caused problems, or were you referring to the Net Worth panel on the Home tab?

When you say "Returns by Account" are you referring to the Investment Performance report, or the Returns panel on the Home tab?

QWin Premier subscription
  • hardasnels
    hardasnels Member ✭✭
    Options

Jim,

Thanks for responding.

To answer your questions, "Keep this account separate" box is unchecked. If I go to "Reports" and choose Net Worth or Returns by Account, I only get the magnifying glass(loupe) and neither report shows up. That is why I tried to do it on the Home Page(Tab) but only get the partial results mentioned.

Very weird…

Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

N.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Magnifying glass? Returns by Account?

Are you running the Quicken Classic for Windows desktop software? What version? Exactly where are you looking?

For me, there is a Reports selection in the top menu bar, next to Help. Under that is " Net Worth & Balances" and there are selections "Account Balances" and "Net Worth". Do you see different selections?

QWin Premier subscription
  • hardasnels
    hardasnels Member ✭✭
    Options

I should have said the "search" magnifying glass. Sorry for the curve…

Yes, I am running Quicken Classic Premier for Windows, version R55.26.

If I go to the Reports selection on the top menu bar, and select Investment Performance, I do get a correct "% Return by account" as long as I don't include the Schwab account in question. If I do, the report says: " No Data Available for the selected: -Data Range, -Accounts, -Securities.

If I customize the report to only include that account and its associated securities for that account, I get the same answer as above. However, if I run a Portfolio Value by Security report, the graph will include all the securities that are in that account, but it won't give me a "Show Portfolio Value Report" when I click on that tab below the graph in that window.

If I do a Net Worth by Assets and Liabilities report, it is way off from what Quicken shows as my Net Worth at the bottom of the far-left column showing all my assets and liabilities. I have selected all accounts, all categories, all tabs, all securities. Date range on all these reports is 1/1/2024 -4/10/2024

Thanks for looking at this for me. I appreciate it.

Best,

N.