Downloading Transactions from Merrill Lynch 401(k)

Options

I can't find a place on Merrill Lynch's website to "download transactions." Nothing mentioned in Help or FAQ. When I try to "activate" my account in Online Services in Quicken, I get this screen that says "Add your offline brokerage." What happened to Web Connect in Online Services for Merrill Lynch. In the past, I was able to download transactions directly into Quicken. Has this functionality changed? If this functionality is still enabled, how do I do it? Thanks

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

not sure what you are doing incorrectly, but I just simply and easily added download capability for my ML account.

1. logon to your ML account
    2. in Q, go to the online services tab and add services.
    3. you'll be taken through a number of steps which will permit using OSU going forward. Not sure why you would want to manually download the transactions; it is automated

• kbrown914
    kbrown914 Member ✭✭
    Options

What do you mean by "in Q"? When I log on to Merrill Lynch, this is my menu of options (screenshot below): Home, Accounts, Financial Wellness, etc... There is no Online Services Tab. I can't download transactions automatically for some reason. The above screenshot shows what happens when I try to add Online Services in Quicken for Merrill Lynch, the option is "add offline brokerage." Thus, my question.

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

In "Q" = in Quicken

You need to be in Quicken……

click CNTL-A and then click "edit" for your specific account.

click the "online services" tab (the middle Tab) and then click "set up now" - it'll ask you to search for the financial firm and you will type "Merrill" and then click on "merrill lynch investments" ; follow the instructions from there.

you are going to use quicken to access Merrill and download the transactions. Sounds like you are trying to do this the other way around.