crashing issues with Quicken Deluxe

Options

I am using Windows 10 with Quicken Deluxe Release 55.26 (build 27.1.55.26). My program started crashing without any error codes when accessing the reports feature. Once crashed I couldn't launch the program again unless I rebooted. Recently, I was able to get reports so I thought issue was resolved. Now, it crashes when I try to move between credit card accounts. I can do one or two transaction acceptances but then it crashes. I was able to successfully do a one-step update but when I went into one of my credit card accounts to accept the transaction, it crashed. I ran a validation on my data file, checked my temp folders for space, turned off my backups, turned off AV, ran Quicken in compatibility mode and with each change I can start the program, then do one thing and it crashes. I moved my data file off the shared drive but still having same issues.

The only thing I haven't done is uninstall and reinstall. Any suggestions?

Thank you so much!

Answers

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The first troubleshooting step I'd try is to restore a backup copy of the data file before you started experiencing difficulties.

• PukaCA
    PukaCA Member
    Options

Thank you for your comment Ralph! I left out that I did the validation on a copy of my .qdf file so I do have the original file still safe and sound along with backups. I will try to restore the backup and maybe that will solve it!

• Jovina
    Jovina Member
    Options

I am having similar issues since the last update. This morning I was able to navigate between accounts using the left side menu, but trying to click on anything from the top menu causes the cursor to just spin forever until I reboot.