Updating username and password on multiple accounts - any quicker way?

Options

Using Quicken Classic Premier, Windows R55.56. I have over 20 separate accounts set up in Quicken that are mutual funds with T. Rowe Price (TRP). As a security measure I regularly update my login and password with TRP. It is super annoying to have to go into each Quicken account, deactivate online services, then redo online setup.

Does anyone know of a faster way to deal with this issue? I did find a link (that I of course can't relocate now) to a Quicken help article that said all you have to do when you change username or and/or password is to Reset the account and it would prompt for the login info. But all I get is an error saying the login failed presumably because it is still using the old login info.

FYI, I have been using Quicken for decades, and back in the day, TRP only allowed one mutual fund per Quicken account. Now they allow many-to-one, but it is not reasonable at this stage to merge the over 25 years of mutual fund transactions into a single Quicken account, unless someone knows some magic way to accomplish that.

Answers

• DebOR
    DebOR Member
    Options

Oops, R55.26

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10
    Options

You could perform a Move Transactions in N-1 of the accounts and get all the transactions into a single account.

Do this in a copy of your data file just in case you don't like the results. In fact, a Quicken File > Copy might work well because it will deactivate all the accounts at once. You'll only need to reactivate the new master account and your non-TRP accounts.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• DebOR
    DebOR Member
    Options

Thanks for quick response, Rocket. Unfortunately I must have gotten my IRA institutions mixed up, as when I tried to set up an account I found that TRP does NOT allow multiple mutual fund accounts in a single Quicken account. Bummer.