One specific category always in every transaction report and it isn't selected

Options

I have been using Quicken for decades and use quick one of transaction reports routinely to find things or to simply run a fast answer on "how much do I really spend on that?". Starting a couple of weeks ago I have noticed that every adhoc transaction report I run includes the same category that I did not select. In the example attached I wanted to see how much state tax I had withheld for 2023. You can see in the image attached the "Insurance:Home Insurance" category is in the report but when I created the transaction report I;

1. first selected "Include only transactions with selected categories",
  2. then hit the "ClearAll" button,
  3. and then selected the "Tax:State" category.

But check it out the "Insurance:Home Insurance" category isn't even an option to select!

But when I check the category list outside of a report it is there and there doesn't appear to be anything funny about it.

I don't have a clue how to fix this or what could be causing it! Typically I'm pretty good at figuring out my own Quicken issues since I've been using it since 1999 but this one has me scratching my head.

Comments

• Scott Lindner
    Scott Lindner Member ✭✭
    Options

I just did a repair and that didn't clear it up. On a hunch I tried building a report that has no categories at all and to include all dates and there are a bunch of old categories I used to use ages ago that are doing the same thing. They are not selected but are showing up in the transaction report.

This is giving me serious confidence issues in using Quicken for report building now. What the hell is going on?

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Look for the “Early Access” feature in preferences and toggle it off.

• Scott Lindner
    Scott Lindner Member ✭✭
    Options

What in the… That was it. I didn't even turn those features on. I'm guessing your thinking is they are buggy because they are in development and this was clearly a bug. Thank you!