Problem where transactions from another category are reported along with desired category

Options
hollynut@)
hollynut@) Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭

I am running Quicken Classic Deluxe – Windows-10.

When creating a Banking-Transactions report for several select categories, earliest-to-date, the report includes all transactions for the select categories plus some (but not all) transactions from an entirely unrelated category. However, If I load a saved report with the exact selection criteria and run it, the data are all correct: i.e. the unrelated transactions are not included.

If I create another Banking-Transactions report for another group of categories with the same parameters as above, the resulting report has all of the correct transactions plus some transactions from the entirely unrelated category as above.

If I select Re categorize Categories and pick any of the above categories, the correct transactions are shown: nothing is mis-categorized.

It is as if the report algorithm for the saved report is sound but the current reporting algorithm is corrupt. The above behavior just recently was observed. I do not know is there is an update issue or that I somehow screwed up the indexing.

Any Ideas?

Best Answer

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is probably due to a recent bug with the new report dialog. Try this:

Go to Edit > Preferences > Early Access

Uncheck both of the options then try your reports again.

Answers