Chase Issued New CC but I cannot Add to quicken

Options
modoud
modoud Member ✭✭

Windows 11, Quicken Premier R55.26:

Chase closed a Credit Card due to fraudulent online transaction by a vendor. They issued a new card which I have. However, I cannot seem to add it to Quicken. Using the tools Quicken has, there is nothing in the process that allows for the new account number to be added to the Quicken account file. If I add it manually and then try to link online services, the new account does not link.

How do I keep all the previous transactions for the old account and replace with the new account. It seems obvious to me that I would simply change the account number in the old account because it appears that's what Chase does.

This is incredibly frustrating and perusing the current community posts, others have this issue and the responses are not correct or forthcoming.

Please help!

Tagged:

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 16
    Options

It's tru that you can't just change the account number in Quicken & be done. What you need to do is disconnect online access for the existing account (if you haven't done it already) and then go through the Connect Account process to connect the it to the new credit card account. You do both of these things by right clicking on the account in the sidebar, selecting Account Settings, and then going to the Downloads tab. I've done this multiple times in the past for the same reason.

Make sure that when you're connecting the account and you get past the point where you enter your Chase login credentials that you tell Quicken to link the new Chase account to your existing credit card account in Quicken; by default it's probably going to want to create a brand new Quicken account. If it does create a new Quicken account it's not a big problem since you can just move all the transactions from the old account to the new one, it's just less work to link to the existing Quicken account.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• modoud
    modoud Member ✭✭
    Options

That's not the solution. I just went through support call. It requires, inactivated, and a relinking of old transactions (Chase does this on their side, but Quicken cannot mimic this process). Then renaming (what you see in the register) the old account.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

There must be something different about Chase then, because I've never had to do anything like that when replacing a card.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.