EE Bond- How to track it in Quicken Classic for Windows

Options
Cindyc
Cindyc Member ✭✭
edited April 16 in Investing (Windows)

Hi. I did search to try to find out how to track a EE Savings Bond that was being held at Treasury Direct. I did not buy the Bond, but inherited it, so I'm not sure how I should have set it up in Quicken.

I know the price paid for the Bond when it was purchased years ago. I know the final cash value as it has recently matured. I know that Quicken doesn't interface directly with Treasury Direct. I set it up under INVESTING and called it Treasury Direct. I'm wondering if I should have called it "EE Bond".

I put in the original $5,000 that was paid for the Bond. It is a $20,000 upon maturity. I'm not sure how I should have recorded the total lump sum of interest over the years. I'm not trying to retroactively track the interest year by year. The total interest is $15,736.00. The funds have already been moved out of Treasury Direct and so the balance with Treasury Direct should reflect $0.00. The balance shows as -$5,000…. How do I record this account so that it shows $5,000 was the original purchase price, $15,736.00 is the interest. Total value upon maturity was $20,000.

I've tried to figure this out by reading previous posts about recording EE Bonds, but I'm still confused. Thanks for any help. I'm attaching a screen shot of how the register looks for this Investment.