Checking account balances incorrectly change

Options

After entering a transaction, the balance shows and incorrect amount. Entering anther transaction, the previous balance changes for some reason. I am also prompted is I want to change a reconciled transaction (which it is not). If I don't say YES, then I can't make further entries. I have done restores, reentered transactions and get similar results.

Called Tech Support and they wanted me to connect to my bank and download transactions which would wipe out all my entries. By the way, I have NEVER connected to the bank, all my transations are manual.

I have been a user since 1999, and I now have an accounting application that can't add. It seems that I'm not the only one with the problem but Quicken seems to ignore this fundamental bug.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @wwmcchesney,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. When did this issue first start? Is this affecting just one account? You mentioned you've tried restores. Are you referring to restoring a backup? If so, what date(s) did you try restoring from? If not, then please clarify what you mean by restore.

Just to be on the safe side, have you checked the problem account to make sure you don't have any filters active and that the register is sorted by date? While it's unlikely to be the sole cause of what you're seeing, a filter or out of sequence transaction could contribute to the issues you're encountering.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.