Why should a pay $71.88?

Options

You all don't do anything for me but allow me to download transactions from my bank. I thought $55 was high but I paid it anyway. Now you have increased it by $20+ what am I paying for? I can no longer do bill pay unless I go to my bank etc. Like I said only benefit I have left is download transactions.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19
    Options

well… guess that all depends on what you use Quicken to download, save, report, and display -
    The Quicken Deluxe is $5.99 x 12 = $71.88 -
    So - is the $5.99 a month worth it for however and whatever you do with Quicken -
    How does that compare to McD, Wendy, or Starbucks - just once a month ?
    Everyone has their own answer to that question….

I personally have ALL my financial info on Quicken - and keep track of ALL spending, investing, and even some basic tax planning -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Randalllind
    Randalllind Member ✭✭
    edited April 19
    Options

I have Cerebral Palsy and use it as a ledger. I believe I have been using this since 1994 when you brought the CD. A couple of years ago they made it where you have to subscribe to it. I don't think it is worth the money just to download from my bank. Back when it did bill pay etc from BOA it was worth it. If they were to keep this at $50 a year then I would buy it. I don't invest etc. All I use it for is a ledger. My bank sent me the first CD back in the day.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Randalllind - If you are willing to do a little searching on the Internet you can often find better cost options available than on Quicken.com. For instance, right now NewEgg.com has Quicken Deluxe on sale for $36 so you can save quite a bit. Just make sure if you buy it from a retailer that you are buying one that is not limited to new subscribers. (I did check and this NewEgg offering is for anyone, not just new subscribers.) BTW, this NewEgg sale has been going on for a while so I don't know how much longer it will remain on sale. But if you don't buy now, it will be on sale there or somewhere else (Amazon, OfficeDepot, Sam's Club, Costco, Walmart, etc.) pretty soon, again.

As a side note, in case you were not aware, it was BOA's decision, not Quicken's, to drop Direct Connect and Bank Bill Pay. There are a lot of reasons why banks are moving away from Direct Connect but one of the big ones is to cut their costs.

If you have an interest in switching to a bank that still offers Bank Bill Pay: There are still quite a few banks that still offer Direct Connect with Bank Bill Pay but the list is shrinking. This Support Article lists them: https://www.quicken.com/support/list-banks-support-bank-bill-pay-quicken . It was last updated on 2/24/2024 so it is pretty up to date.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Randalllind
    Randalllind Member ✭✭
    Options

I get that it was BOA just using the fact all I do is download transactions. They will let me buy from Newegg or Amazon then use that as a year subscription or whatever? How does that work? I don't want to pay $71 for a year if they want to give me 2 years then I would be more likely. I think at one time they offer 1-3 years subscriptions.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19
    Options

you might consider the cheaper Starter version or the new web based product Simplifi

If you drop the subscription The Starter version will revert to Read Only

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can use the activation code that you get from buying from a retailer to renew your current subscription. There is no need to set it up as a new subscription (i.e., a new Quicken ID). All you have to do is enter the activation code into Quicken (Help > Manage Your Subscription > Enter Activation Code) or into your Quicken.com online account within the last 6 months of your current subscription or after your current subscription expires. There will then be 12 additional months added to your current subscription or, if the subscription has already expired, a new 12 month subscription period will begin.

Subscriptions today are only available for 12 months and the activation codes are good for 1 yr. There are no more multi-year subscriptions being sold.

NOTE: If you will be doing this, make sure that auto renew is turned off in your online Quicken.com account to avoid any risk of paying the retailer and then also getting billed by Quicken for it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)