Is there a way to print (or view) a list of all the options selected for a customized report?

Options

I've had to re-create reports several (too many) times due to existing reports being corrupted. It can get very tedious trying to re-create them accurately (selecting/de-selecting accounts, categories, transfers, tags, etc., etc., etc.) and a little frustrating trying to remember all the options.

Is there a way to generate a list or report of all the options selected for a customized report, which I could save and refer to next time I must re-create a report?

Some alternatives that I've considered but am reluctant to resort to are: typing a list of the custom settings in a separate document, or taking and saving multiple print screens of the "Customize" dialog box. Both of those would take too long and are error prone, as I might forget to type or screenshot something relevant.

Thanks, in advance.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In a word, no. You've already thought of the likely methods. Both of those would take about as long as manually recreating a report.

The only other thing I can think of is to make a copy of your data file which you store away and never touch. Then if a report in your active data file gets corrupted, you can examine the good version in the copy. You would need to delete reminders in the copy so they don't fire if you have to open the copy.

In other words, I don't believe there's any non-tedious way of doing what you want.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• LeaningTower
    LeaningTower Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the response Rocky. But I really thought that you, of all people (or squirrels) would've found a way to pull a rabbit out of your hat!!!!

Oh. Maybe that was your friend and partner, Bullwinkle. 😉😆

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That trick never works.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wonder why your reports are getting corrupted repeatedly?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list