Has anyone figured out how to budget _DivInc?

Options

I have seen posts on this but I can't figure out how to include this category in my budget. Has any solved this issue? I am running Quicken Classic Premier ver. R53.32 on Windows.

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have it in my budget. I think you may need to show hidden categories to select it if I remember correctly.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Actually, if a predefined category whose name begins with an _underscore is actually being used, you should "unhide" it, remove the "hide" checkmark. _rlzdgain, _divinc, _intinc are just a few of them.

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not so sure that is necessary (it doesn't hurt but it's not needed). I have _divinc and _intinc in my budget. When I look at them in my Category List _divinc has "Hide" unchecked but _intinc is checked. I also just tried adding _Accrued Int without unchecking "Hide" and it showed up fine.

• Raymond Turner
    Raymond Turner Member ✭✭
    Options

I got it to work but it took a lot of steps. Thanks for your help.

• Raymond Turner
    Raymond Turner Member ✭✭
    Options

I finally got them to show in two steps. First I went to the category list for Investments. I had to click show hidden categories for the entire list of investment categories. Then, I had to go to the items I wanted (_Divinc and _intinc) and right click on each. This popped up a box with a check space to unhide each of these. Then, I went back to my budget, the items appeared under income and I could add them to my budget. It's a lot of steps.
    But I got it to work. Thank, all.

I

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Glad you got it to work. I think if in your budget you selected to show hidden categories you could have selected them without unhiding them in the category list.