Closed Account Category Adjustment

Options

I'm trying to clear out (resolve) all "Uncategorized" entries. I have a closed credit card account where I discovered there was an opening balance entry that didn't have a "Category" entry—which would be recording the opening balance back to the account itself as I understand it. I see that I can make entries into the Category field and save them for this closed credit card account, but I can't record the transaction back to the account itself as it doesn't show up when reviewing all categories, including hidden ones (due to the account being closed). Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to make an entry into the Category field that doesn't mess up my other account balances so I can clear the uncategorized entry?

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can't you just type it in? [Account name] Quicken should then ask you if you really want to use that account name … which of course you do.

• GalenO
    GalenO Member
    Options

Thanks, that worked! I'm new to Quicken and trying to figure these things out. . .

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello, new to Quicken. We generally recommend not to perform any irreversible actions in Quicken. These include closing and deleting accounts. Once done, you can't reopen or undelete. Better to Hide accounts you don't want to see and move them to the Separate section of accounts.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.