Multiple user accounts, Chase & Schwab - not working?

Options

Hello - I have multiple logins (myself and my spouse) at Chase and Charles Schwab and both use Express Connect. I had previously set up all my accounts in one step update (including these), and it worked great. I recently had to revert to a backup file and all my connections had to be re-added. Now, every time I attempt to add the second login, Quicken says the accounts that were added as part of the first login no longer exist and need to be removed from one step update. In addition, the links are broken, making it impossible to add two logins for these institutions. Has anyone figured out how to fix this?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What's the EXACT message that you're getting? Because I have multiple Financial Institutions that have dual login's (mine & wife's) and they work without issue.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

we have both Chase & Schwab - with multiple user accounts at each -

These accounts of course have migrated to EWC+ and need to be re-authorized at Chase & Schwab when doing an Add Account -
    It's a little confusing - but you need to walk thru each Add Account with each user for their respective accounts.
    I've found that each user - with joint accounts - is tagged to an account based upon which SSN was used to setup the account (1099).

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Rafael74
    Rafael74 Member
    Options

Trying to be as clear as possible. I have successfully had two log-ins (one for me and one for my spouse) with both Chase and Schwab for a long time without issue in Quicken. Recently, I restored a backup file that broke all my links. I was able to add back my connections at all my institutions. The only problem is with adding the second log-in. When I add the second log-in (both Chase and Schwab websites allow it), Quicken adds the new accounts BUT also deletes the link to the accounts associated with the first log-in. I get a pop-up message in Quicken that says "XX account does not exist and should be deleted from one step update"; and that message repeats for each account associated with the first log-in. Essentially, Quicken is looking at the accounts associated with the most recent log-in, not finding account numbers that were added under the first log-in, and assuming they don't exist. Finally, I get the "no smoking" symbol next to the "deleted" accounts. I've repeated this process many times and always get the same result. For now, I've decided to manually download the transactions associated with the second log-in because I have been able to go back to the way it was.