Quicken Business & Personal - missing report data for 2nd business (edit)

Options
dmh815
dmh815 Member ✭✭
edited April 23 in Reports (Windows)

I have two businesses that I have setup in Quicken Classic Business & Personal (QBP). I use tags to separate them - and I make sure I tag my invoices to the correct business. I have a report setup to show me my income for one business and I copied it and changed the tags/accounts for my 2nd business. The first business prints great, but the second business shows nothing on the report.

Is there a problem running two businesses in QBP?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23
    Options

I haven't done so for a few years (multiple Q versions ago), but I previously ran 2 businesses (mine & wife's) in one copy of QBP.

That the copied report shows nothing seems odd. The first thing to double check would be that you made the changes to the copy correctly and got ALL of the tags and accounts and that there are indeed txn in the 2nd business within the specified timeframe of the report.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• dmh815
    dmh815 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks NotACPA - I actually just went through the report with a fine-tooth comb and figured it out. Under the Tags tab on the report, there is a section called "Select Tag" which I had set to the business I wanted. What I hadn't noticed (until just now) is that there is a section to the right of it called "Matching" and that section was still set to the other business. So poor QBP didn't know what I wanted to do lol. So it is fixed now.

Thanks for your input thought :)

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Glad that you figured it out.

And, you don't need to use both the Tags dropdown and the "Matching".

I'm not entirely sure what the "Matching" option is for with regards to Tags, since you can already select one or many.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not entirely sure what the "Matching" option is for with regards to Tags, since you can already select one or many.

A capability of the matching fields is the ability to use wildcards.

For example, suppose I am reporting vacation expenses. If I select all tags except "Alaska", I will still get the expenses tagged with Alaska:2019 and Alaska:2023 (double tagged or more), but not those expenses tagged with just "Alaska" (no second tag).

In contrast, if I select all tags including "Alaska", but in the matching use the "~Alaska" entry, all expenses tagged with Alaska with or without a second tag will be omitted from the report. The four wildcard characters are:

• = for exact match
    • .. for unspecified characters
    • ? for a single unspecified character, and
    • ~ for exclusionary text.

See Quicken's help for further clarification.

The same matching / filtering capabilities apply to the similar matching fields for categories, payees, etc.