Cannot see/enter transactions for one particular loan

Options

Quicken on Windows 11. I have been using Quicken since 1999 and this is an oddball. I have one loan account that starting a couple of weeks ago I cannot get to the register of transactions. One my mortgage loan account when i click on Payment Details it shows an overview graphic on top and the register below it. On a personal loan when I click on Payment Details it shows the overview graphic on top and nothing below it. It has been like this for a couple of weeks. In the past if I closed and re-opened Quicken it would show up but that is no longer worker. Is this a known bug? Any ideas how to fix it?

Comments

• Scott Lindner
    Scott Lindner Member ✭✭
    Options

I also noticed the options available for the accounts is different as well.

Here is what my mortgage looks like (which is working fine).

And here is what my personal loan looks like which is not fine.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you spot the difference? Your personal loan is set up for Downloading and the Mortgage is manual entry. When you download you don't get a register and only get what the loan sends you. You need to change it to manual. Effective with Quicken Windows 2018 and newer
    you should be able to deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Scott Lindner
    Scott Lindner Member ✭✭
    Options

That is seriously unfortunate and very contrary to how Quicken reconciliation has worked for decades. We now have to blindly accept downloaded transactions without an opportunity to reconcile? Who made that decision at Quicken?

This is a new "bug" as of a couple of weeks ago. This isn't how it always worked.

Thanks for spotting this but this is a horrible usage change on their part

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you recently have to reactivate or authorize your Discover accounts for downloading?
    If so, you might have inadvertently activated the Personal Loan account, without you being aware of it.

Just deactivate the Personal Loan account and everything should be "back to normal", showing you a transaction register.

• Scott Lindner
    Scott Lindner Member ✭✭
    Options

It has been back to normal with just restarting Quicken. I don't understand why they are making it worse. I'll "just" disconnect something that has always been connected, but they are destroying the concept of reconcilliation by insisting on auto-reconcilliation which isn't reconcilliation at all.