All Transactions global search does not show correct results (Q Mac)

Options
bookmanjb
bookmanjb Member ✭✭

I have a payee in one of my credit card accounts. When I do an All Transactions search, it doesn't show up but when I search that specific account it does. The Payee box is checked in the All Transactions columns list. Any ideas why the global search isn't working?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• bookmanjb
    bookmanjb Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I found the problem. I have accounts in various currencies. There is no setting to search all currency accounts. One has to search Euros, dollars, pounds, etc. separately. I wonder why a global currencies search is not an option….

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Is the account marked as a Separate Account? All Transactions doesn't include separate accounts.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • bookmanjb
    bookmanjb Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for taking the time to help. Much appreciated.

No, it's not marked as a separate account.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@bookmanjb Are the transactions all in the same currency?

Can you clarify what you mean when you say "The Payee box is checked in the All Transactions columns list". I can't figure out what box you're referring to, as there are no boxes to check on a register screen.

If it's possible for you to post a screenshot (mocking or blurring and confidential data), that might help us understand why you're doing and seeing, and get to the bottom of the problem.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 26
    Options

@jacobs I think he means that the payee column is displayed (ie, checked in the list of columns displayed when you press the Columns button or right click on a column header) which is necessary to search on that column.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    Options

@jacobs I think he means that the payee column is displayed (ie, checked in the list of columns displayed when you press the Columns button or right click on a column header) which is necessary to search on that column.

@Jon You may be right, but I wanted to seek clarification. What's described sounds like it shouldn't be possible, so there's some information we're missing somewhere.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@bookmanjb check the date range of your search and make sure it includes the transactions you are looking for.

• bookmanjb
    bookmanjb Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, that is what I mean. Thanks for your clarification.

• bookmanjb
    bookmanjb Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I found the problem. I have accounts in various currencies. There is no setting to search all currency accounts. One has to search Euros, dollars, pounds, etc. separately. I wonder why a global currencies search is not an option….

• jacobs
    Options

Glad you figured it out. Full multi-currency support for Quicken Mac has been requested by many users over many years, and the developers do have it marked as a "Planned" feature coming in the future. What that will be, and when, we don't know.