Renaming Rules: Quicken is reusing the last name on every transaction

Options

If the last transaction downloaded was Uber, Quicken is renaming many (sometimes all) of the next downloads to Uber. For example I had BP Gasoline renamed. When I slide the mouse over, it says "renamed from BP." Now know to look for that. I would rather not delete my entire renaming file, but something is clearly corrupted. Has anyone else experienced this and is there any solution?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just check the one Renaming Rule named Uber if it's defined too broad, picking up and renaming transactions it shouldn't. IMHO, it should show something like "if payee contains Uber" instead of "if Quicken name is …" or "if payee contains debit (or some other text string appearing in multiple different unrelated transactions)"

Also make sure that, in Edit / Preferences / Downloaded Transactions under the section "Your Renaming Rules" all three options have a checkmark.

If you're automatically accepting downloaded transactions, it might be better to change to manually review each downloaded transaction, make changes to payee names, categories, etc. as needed before accepting the new transaction into your register. Quicken is supposed to learn from that and work better next time the same payee name comes around.