Category not selected for report but appears in the report (and perhaps all reports)

Options
mark320
mark320 Member ✭✭✭

No matter what I do, I cannot cause an expense category (and all its subcategories) to not be included in reports. Deselecting the category when I customize the report does not work.

The categories displayed in the Customize report dialog do not match the Categories set up in Quicken.

First, here's the Categories. The problem here is with Tax Spouse and sub-categories:

In Customize Reports, not all subcategories are displayed:

And when the report is run, although the entire "Tax Spouse" category is deselected, it always appears, along with all the subcategories seen in the first (Categories) screenshot above.

This "Tax Spouse" category appears in every report I've checked. Even my business Profit & Loss Statement.

I have run Validate and Repair File and yet the problem remains.

Comments

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's a bug in the new report customization dialog. You can switch back to the old one:

• Go to Edit > Preferences > Early Access
    • Uncheck both options

It should fix your issue.

• mark320
    mark320 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This is not a useful result from the Validate and Repair File process:

"QDF:
    Validating your data.
    Repaired your data file by removing a damaged category. Please check your category list for missing categories by going to Tools>Category List."

Without naming the category that was removed, it's difficult to find it missing.

In any case, this removal of a damaged category did not fix my problem.

• mark320
    mark320 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 26
    Options

Ah. I seem to have resolved my problem. It's Quicken's new reports interface. As soon as I returned to the old interface, the complete and correct list of subcategories under Tax Spouse was displayed in the Customize dialog box. And now the report correctly does not include the deselected category and subcategories.

To return to the old reporting interfaces, Edit > Preferences > Early Access > Deselect both Reports & Graphs Center and Customize Reports.

But then the old version of reports throws an error when I export an Excel file. So, two steps forward, one step back.