Confusing navigation

Options

Cannot locate an "Add New" button on most pages. E.g., product suggestions category. Maybe actually explain step by step how to start a new discussion/question or respond (Quicken Mac)? links to closed discussions do not help.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Normally the "New Post" button is in the upper right:

But if the browser window is narrow enough it turns into a round blue "+" button in the lower right:

• MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The odd thing is the different behavior of the two buttons. The wide "+ New Post" button disappears off the top of the screen when you scroll down, but the round blue "+" button remains at a fixed position at the bottom right regardless of scroll position.

• lchriste
    lchriste Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for responding. I finally found the +New Post button—it does not appear on my home screen, so I had to drill down in the various categories. Here's hoping I find it again when I need it next! It is functioning well with email alerts and easy replies. Again, thanks for your response!

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What I do if I want to make a new post is open a post in the same category (like Windows and Investing) and click on the + new post so it shows up in the same category. I was always posting in Mac for my Windows questions.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• lchriste
    lchriste Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, Jon. "new post +" only appears on one page/section (per my experience). It is very clear. However not all pages or message threads seem to display that. A simple + sign may be great speak for some folks, but for the uninitiated a simple "Reply" button would do wonders re: clarity, simplicity and avoidance of irritation.

• Jon
    Options

The New Post button is for starting new discussion threads, not for replying to existing posts. While I agree it would be nice to have an actual "Reply" option to reply to someone else's comment, that wouldn't take the place of the New Post button.

• lchriste
    lchriste Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for explaining. I am replying now via a link from email. How does one reply or comment in an existing thread?

• volvogirl
    Options

Just type in the Leave a Comment box at the bottom of the thread.

• lchriste
    lchriste Member ✭✭
    Options

Example. I am trying to reply to volvogirl's post but cannot see how to do that, so I am leaving a comment addressed to the whole thread (I think). How can I reply to a specific post?

Volvogirl: Thank you for the hint!

• Jon
    Options

You can't reply to specific posts, you can only reply to the whole thread like you're doing now.

• volvogirl
    edited May 2
    Options

You did right. You just leave a comment at the end of the thread. You can tag a specific user like @Ichriste.

• lchriste
    lchriste Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you!!

• lchriste
    lchriste Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you, Jon. Thank you for the extra hint, volvo girl!!