Rollover Broken for Budget Parent Categories with Everything Else budget

Options
bchilds
bchilds Member ✭✭

I have created a very simple repro of this issue with a small checking account with a few transactions:

Then in budgets I create a simple budget with 10 per month for tolls and 100 per month for everything else in the auto category. I have the same budget every month and rollover enabled.

The expected result is that the balance for February is $-395 =(110 - 510 + 110 - 105) however an incorrect balance is shown of $-795.

If I add a specific line item for service and parts so no transactions land in everything else the values are correct

Note this is with a brand new file with no chance of being corrupted.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @bchilds,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue? Do you recall which version of Quicken you first saw it in? Does this happen with any budgeted category when the Everything Else category is present, or is this issue specific to Auto & Transport?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bchilds
    bchilds Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Kristina

This issue seems to happen with any category I just used auto and transport as an example.

It has been an issue for quite some time I don't remember when I first saw the issue.

• bchilds
    bchilds Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Quicken Kristina

Were you able to reproduce the issue? I'm happy to provide a data file if it would help. It is easy to repro on a brand new file.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited May 14
    Options

Thank you for the follow-up,

Sorry for the delayed response. It took a while to get my Quicken to misbehave the same way you are seeing. I forwarded this issue to the proper channels to be further investigated. In the meantime, if you haven't already done so, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.

(CTP-10016)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bchilds
    bchilds Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Kristina

I submitted a report with the sanitized data file attached.