Exporting to QIF File - option not available(???)

Options

I'm using Quicken Classic Deluxe, version 7.6.1, for Mac. I want to export to a QIF file, but find that option is not longer available. How do I do this? I'm only showing QMTF, QXF and CSV file options.

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have no idea why you need to use .qif. It isn't standardized and quite unpredictable.

But, if you use the File:Export: Quicken Mac 2007 Transfer File (QMTF) option, you can save that to a desired location after you specify the date range. Then, change that file's extension to .qif. (It really is a qif formatted file)

Your results may vary with the recipient program; .qif was always problematic that way. That is why the format was depreciated.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have no idea why you need to use .qif. It isn't standardized and quite unpredictable.

But, if you use the File:Export: Quicken Mac 2007 Transfer File (QMTF) option, you can save that to a desired location after you specify the date range. Then, change that file's extension to .qif. (It really is a qif formatted file)

Your results may vary with the recipient program; .qif was always problematic that way. That is why the format was depreciated.

• Leese
    Leese Member
    Options

Thank you John_in_NC. I'm looking at moving to gnucash from quicken. Hopefully that's OK to say here (???). Quicken has done some things to me that cost me a lot of time to fix. I really don't want to do that again. So it sounds like I can export to QMTF format and then rename to QIF. Then import (hopefully) to gnucash. Know anything about Gnucash? Good or Bad? Thanks for your post!