Projected Balances

Options

I have a strange problem with the projected balances feature that can be shown on the home screen. When I want to select multiple accounts, it allows me to choose from Spending, Savings, Credit Card accounts. I chose to see only 2 checking accounts and yet it includes all my Investment and Property & Debt accounts with it and they aren't even in the selection list.

Answers

• jameswh42
    jameswh42 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

One more note on the problem. Even if I choose to "clear all", it still shows all the investment and Debt & Property accounts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5
    Options

What Quicken Release are you running? Help / About Quicken will tell you R xx.xx

In the Home tab, in one of my Classic view pages, I have two separate Projected Balances views, each showing a different set of accounts.
    Did you select "Multiple Accounts" and then made your choice from the popup list? For example,

making sure that the radio button at "Selected Accounts" is on.

• jameswh42
    jameswh42 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am on the newest version but this problem has existed for awhile. As far as the 2 radio buttons, they both show the same list and the only difference is if I select "All Accounts", they are all selected. However, as stated in my post, the extra accounts being displayed are not even in the selection list so there is no way to remove them, even when selecting Clear All button.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To me that's beginning to sound like there's a problems somewhere, either in your software installation or in your Quicken data file.

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:

1. Even if you are on the latest software level already, download and install the latest Manual Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    2. Reboot Windows.
    3. Start Quicken. Do not run One Step Update.
    4. Run BOTH Validate and Supervalidate to attempt to repair your Quicken data file.
    5. If nothing helps, contact Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and report this issue so it can be properly researched.

Validate and Supervalidate instructions
    First save a backup file prior to performing these steps
    Validate: 
    • Click File
    • Select Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Validate File
    • If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots".
    • If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    • Click OK
    • Review the Data Log. Anything interesting in there, worthwhile posting here?
    • Close Quicken, leave it closed for about 30 secs
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    • Click File
    • Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Supervalidate File
    • Click OK
    • Review the Data Log. Anything interesting in there, worthwhile posting here?
    • Close Quicken, leave it closed for about 30 secs
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• jameswh42
    jameswh42 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I noticed that although my investment account were in the legend, their values did not show up in the graph. For the assets, I created a new asset account and copied all the transactions into it and deleted the ordinal asset account and this fixed it. I still show the investment accounts in the legend but at least they don't mess up the graph. The validate and super validate did not change anything and it never showed any problems in the error log.

• jameswh42
    jameswh42 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I wish I could just report a problem and get a response or help. Having to call is usually a huge waste of time because normally they make you do things that have already been done and then their final answer is retore a previous file and this is normally not feasible because i would have to go back too far and re-entering and reclassifying all my transactions would take forever.

I think one of the best things that Quicken support could do is make the validate or super-validate actually work so if there is a problem with the file, it actually reports something. Over and over again, I am told to go to a previous file although the validation process shows no problem.