Sync got stuck --> how to reset cloud data without losing work already done using mobile app?

Options

here's my problem using the Quicken deluxe desktop windows app + cloud sync and the mobile app.

I usually update the mobile app after downloading new transactions. Such as adding tags, notes, etc.

Then the "sync anxiety" comes when starting the Quicken deluxe desktop application ⇒ sync will get stucked.

The solution that I often see is: reset your cloud sync ⇒ but this will cause I loose all the work I put in using mobile sync app since the last sync from cloud to the desktop app.

Is there anyway that I can avoid redoing all these work using mobile app whenever we do a cloud reset? This is painful. Please help

Comments

• Timothy Kevin McPike
    Timothy Kevin McPike Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same problem. I've already been told there is no way to save the work done in the quicken mobile app if your desktop app fails to cloud sync. I've also been told that your Quicken file cannot be in a Dropbox folder (although the Quicken Backup file can be in Dropbox) or in a folder that syncs via Microsoft OneDrive. But I've disabled OneDrive completely and removed my Quicken file from Dropbox. And STILL, something happens after 24 hours have passed that my Quicken file is corrupted and can't sync. 🤬

• EFW
    EFW Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same problem as described by Quickskei only its with Quicken on the Web and Quicken Windows.

• quickskei
    quickskei Member
    Options

This is probably the 4th time I ran into same situation. Sync failed and then I need to reset and throw away new transactions added only to mobile app. This is a deal breaker for me. I am going back to using Excel. With the online scam so scary nowadays and companies leak data to scammers, unfortunately this is too high a risk to give bank login credentials to 3rd party company. Bye bye.