New Transactions in Chase Credit Card Accounts

Options

I download bank transactions into Quicken and then manually reconcile to the online balance unless the account allows for automatic reconciliations. For the past few weeks, my Chase credit card accounts will not correctly post the new transaction and/or update the online balance. Although there are unreconciled transactions, Quicken reports "no uncleared items to reconcile". The only way to correct this is by activating and reactivating online services. Other bank accounts are not affected.

Comments

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@greened3 the reason why you are getting that message is because you online balance shows -74.30, and that is exactly the last balance in your running total in your register that is reconciled (has an R). If your online balance was 0.00 then you would be able to reconcile to the 5/3/2024 payment transaction. Therefore, it is most likely that your online balance from Chase is incorrect. And that is what is preventing you from reconciling.

• greened3
    greened3 Member ✭✭
    Options

The online balance should have been updated in Quicken as the payment was downloaded from the bank, not entered by me. When I attempted to reconcile, the message "no uncleared entries to reconcile" pops up despite the payment entry having a "c"? This is only happening with my Chase credit card accounts. All other banks checking and credit card accounts are correct.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@greened3 - Yes the online balance should have been appropriately updated by Chase, but that doesn't always happen. The main reason is that there is a delay or timing issue, especially if you are working with pending transactions. When I come across this situation, I just click on "Finish later" and try again when the pending balance update has a chance to "catch up". The other reason why the Online Balance is incorrect is that Chase has and coding error in their update file. But that determination is made after all other explanations are exhausted.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@greened3 it doesn't matter that that transaction has a "c". Quicken reconciles your cumulative register balance to the Online Balance, and when it sees that both are equal to each other, then it will think you have no uncleared transactions to reconcile.