portfolio FMV and ACB report does not show accurate FMV in balance column.

Options
questionsforever
questionsforever Member ✭✭✭✭

So I have a 'transaction exchange rate' clicked and cad currency. The stocks are in US dollars.

The cost basis is let's say correct using transaction exchange rate. But the 'balance', which is the farthest right column , which no doubt must be the FMV is completely off. Obviously there is NO transaction exchange rate for the FMV of the position. It is simply the cost per share, or total cost in US dollars of the position multiplied by the exchange rate as of the date of the report. Yet even this very simple calculation is wrong.

In this case, there is a quote per share in CAD which is the 150.687 (109.74 USD). The exchange rate is 1.37311 on the currency list for today 5/8/2024.

181 x 150.687 = 27,274 cad. Yet the report shows $28,955 as the FMV balance in right column. How is it possible it can't even do a calculation properly to track a fair market value?

How can I get the FMV of all positions properly in cad? If I remove transaction exchange rate, then the balance/FMV is correct. However, then the cost basis is not correct.

PS this is happening in only 1 account. That account is checked on the report together with another account. The other account values do add up. So what would cause one investment account (USD) as above to show incorrect FMV when combined with another account (also USD) that does show the correct FMV in the balance column?

PPS. Is it possible this report was removed from latest Quicken version (I use latest) but it remains in my saved reports? I can't for the life of me find this report anywhere! The investment report that says portfolio value and cost basis does not show all the info on this report, it only shows cost and balance and the values are correct. This report shows 'security, symbol, shares, quote/price, cost basis, gain/loss, and balance'. Can't find this report anywhere anymore though.

Comments

• questionsforever
    edited May 8
    Options

see above

• questionsforever
    Options

Sorry, please ignore this issue. For anyone that wants to know, the 'Portfolio Value' Investing Report actually contains all the columns with the gain. The Portfolio Value & Cost Basis investing report is very similar. Honestly I can't tell the difference. It doesn't actually sum up the actual gain (but you can do it manually from the cost and balance columns) and you can't mouse click through to see each transaction for the security. Otherwise, the Portfolio Value report seems to be the most comprehensive.