Report Export does not function for Accounts Summary report (Q Mac)

Options
R1456
R1456 Member ✭✭✭
edited June 22 in Reports (Mac)

The option to Export the report called Accounts Summary, displays the report in a new window, but it does not launch the expected file/export dialog box.

I also tried to duplicate/copy the Accounts Summary, in case it was an issue with the built-in report, but the same behavior occurred.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Accounts Summary report is an older legacy report which is being deprecated. These reports will not be updated or maintained by Quicken. You can identify the legacy reports by the gray icon in the list:

These reports are not able to be exported. You can print the report, or save it to a PDF file from the print dialog. However, I'd suggest you use the Net Worth report instead. This provides pretty much the same info, is more likely to be accurate, is more customizable, and can be exported.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Accounts Summary report is an older legacy report which is being deprecated. These reports will not be updated or maintained by Quicken. You can identify the legacy reports by the gray icon in the list:

These reports are not able to be exported. You can print the report, or save it to a PDF file from the print dialog. However, I'd suggest you use the Net Worth report instead. This provides pretty much the same info, is more likely to be accurate, is more customizable, and can be exported.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • R1456
    R1456 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks, that's good to know about the legacy reports.

Apparently I've never used the Reports page that is within the main application window. That's where I see the icons next to the reports.

I have always used the Reports navigation menu along the top edge of the application, which is not very visually pleasing.

This discussion has been closed.