have two investments accounts that always show the blue dot on the account list.

mobe
mobe Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I go into the accounts and sort by unreviewed blue dot and nothing shows unaccepted. I validate the data file. When i go into the account and back out the blue dot disappears. When i load quicken backup up after a close the blue dots are back. Any suggestions?

I have been using Quicken for 20 plus years.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13 Answer ✓

Since you mention that you are seeing the blue dots
    I will assume you are using the mode where your transactions go directly into the Register
    and not into the Downloaded Transactions tab.

There is a bug in this mode for investment accounts. There are situations where Quicken needs to “ask a question “, like when it sees a “near match”. Quicken does this in the Downloaded Transaction tab, which isn’t visible in this mode! This bug has been there from the beginning, but because almost none of the long time users use this mode there isn’t a lot of push to get it fixed.

The workaround is to turn this mode off, at least long enough to take care of the hidden transactions.

This bug is the number one reason I can’t recommend this mode to the average person.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13 Answer ✓

Since you mention that you are seeing the blue dots
    I will assume you are using the mode where your transactions go directly into the Register
    and not into the Downloaded Transactions tab.

There is a bug in this mode for investment accounts. There are situations where Quicken needs to “ask a question “, like when it sees a “near match”. Quicken does this in the Downloaded Transaction tab, which isn’t visible in this mode! This bug has been there from the beginning, but because almost none of the long time users use this mode there isn’t a lot of push to get it fixed.

The workaround is to turn this mode off, at least long enough to take care of the hidden transactions.

This bug is the number one reason I can’t recommend this mode to the average person.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mobe
    mobe Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Chris, you are my hero! The dreaded blue dot has bothered me for a long time. Looking at the transactions that were 'near matches', since 2022.

• WreckDiver1
    WreckDiver1 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I have this same issue, but I was forced to move to "Automatically add to investment transaction lists" AND "Automatically add to banking registers" because none of my downloaded transactions are showing up (Banking, Investing, etc.). Reading they suggested moving to an old backup, which I tried. The backup didn't work either (and I know for a fact it was working before, so it's got to be something in this version of Quicken)

I followed the https://www.quicken.com/support/missing-some-transactions-when-downloading-bank but that solves nothing.

Currently it only seems to be affecting my Treasury Ladder where it is not adding the newest treasury that was bought. If I keep the "Automatically add to investment transaction lists" checked, I get a blue dot stating "You have tasks to perform in this account - click for details", but there is nothing there. No extra "Blue dots" in the register.

If I uncheck the box for "Automatically add to investment transaction lists", I get the red flag stating "You have 1 Transaction to review", but the "Downloaded Transactions" show 0. Nothing there.

This all started right after the latest Quicken Version was installed. I suspect there is a bug in this latest version.

QUICKEN VERSION INFO:
    Version: R55.26
    Build: 27.1.55.26

System Running Windows 11 Pro:
    Version: 23H2 (Installed 7/17/23)
    OS Build: 22631.35963

Really hope somebody has a solution.

• hulshouser
    hulshouser Member ✭✭✭

I've had same issue. I did as Chris suggested and turn off automatic entry (Edit/delete account>online services>automatic entry). Selecting the first option "use the general account preference…" would yield the red flag. Clicking on it would reveal the "near match" transactions that I presume were causing the issue. Once I matched them up the blue dots went away.

This discussion has been closed.