OSU failure Live Oak Bank - Info

Bob@45
Bob@45 Member ✭✭✭✭

Live Oak Bank transactions downloads had been failing for about 2 weeks now.

When I did a global multi-institution OSU, the only symptom I see is "An error has occurred". The OSU summary has no information about it. I did a full deactivate of one of my Live Oak accounts, I then went into online setup, supplied my access ID and PIN, and I got "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.) Quicken is having trouble connecting to Live Oak Bank. An additional message from Live Oak Bank: We're unable to complete your request. To download LiveOak account transactions into Quicken, you'll need to verify your information."

All my information appeared to be correct, I attempted this over several days.

Finally today I clicked on the setup link "Get Access ID and PIN", and went through the process of retrieving my access ID and PIN. That information did NOT change. But my next attempt to re-add that account succeeded, and transactions for all my accounts downloaded.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Bob@45,

Thank you for coming to update us. Are you still requiring assistance?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Bob@45
    Bob@45 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thank you, well, my Live Oak downloads are working well, but they do not auto-reconcile when first downloaded. They reconcile fine a day or two later, but it seems there's a delay before the statement balance matches the register balance. Maybe it has something to do with Live Oak passing the "available" balance rather than statement balance (most of my activities are deposits).

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @Bob@45,

That could be the issue. Have you attempted to reach out to Live Oak to determine what information they send to Quicken?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Bob@45
    Bob@45 Member ✭✭✭✭

No, I have not reached out to Live Oak. My days are too full and busy to spend what are likely to be hours trying to get to the right people to track down that type of information. Sorry.

It's like in Quicken — when I'm in the Projected Balances screen the "Account to Use" column contains live links. They used to consistently bring me to the account named. Now they sometimes do, sometimes they do nothing, and sometimes they try to launch a browser page that fails to find where it's supposed to go. It's a minor issue, since I can always to go that account myself, so I've chosen not to spend an hour on the phone with Quicken support to have them tell me it's because my data file is too large.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @Bob@45,

Are you still requiring assistance? Have you been able to reach out to Live Oak yet?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Bob@45
    Bob@45 Member ✭✭✭✭

No, I have not taken the time to reach out to Live Oak. I have verified the problem exists with both new deposits and interest earned and withdrawals. If I download the transactions the day after they post in the bank (which happens automatically thanks to OSU), the auto-reconcile always fails, with a variance equal to yesterday's transactions. If I then come back in two days later, and request a manual reconcile, the reconcile succeeds.

That's "good enough" for a program like Quicken which has so many other problems, that I'm not going to spend time trying to fix it.

Thanks for following up.

• Bob@45
    Bob@45 Member ✭✭✭✭

New update: Live Oak Bank has been failing again for at least a week. I had no transactions to actually download, so I didn't worry about it until today.

The error I receive from Quicken (Windows, classic, fully updated) is "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)"

That's the same I experienced last month. So I deactivated one of my Live Oak accounts, then tried to re-activate it. Got the same error, plus "An additional message from Live Oak Bank: We're unable to complete your request. To download LiveOak account transactions into Quicken, you'll need to verify your information."

Last time that happened I was able to go to the Live Oak website, "request" a Quicken access code and password (which did not change from what I've been using), and once that process had completed (refreshing or reactivating the code), I was able to get access. So I went to the Live Oak website, and today I cannot find the Quicken access code page. It looks as if Live Oak may have discontinued their interface with Quicken.

Is there any way for Quicken Support to verify this? (I will not be able to call Live Oak Bank during their business hours for about a week; I will do so then if there's no definitive answer.)

Bob

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @Bob@45,

Unfortunately, you will need to reach out to Live Oak Bank directly to receive more information and verification that they have discontinued with Quicken.

However, if this is not confirmed by Live Oak Bank, then due to the nature of the error message that you are receiving, I suggest contacting Quicken Support directly for further assistance as an escalation may be in order. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Bob@45
    Bob@45 Member ✭✭✭✭

Found it. Finally got to Live Oak and they were able to help me resolve.

Initial cause: Live Oak Bank requires a unique Quicken/Quickbooks ID and PIN for 3rd party access. Though there's no indication of it that I could find on their website, you need to visit the page which assigns or displays this ID and PIN every so often, as if to authorize continuing 3rd party activity.

The only way to get to that page is apparently through their Help system. Click the Support link, search for "Quick", select "How do I connect Quickbooks", which brings up instructions, which includes a link to that ID and PIN page.

My problem was that the BitDefender Anti-Tracker extension for my browsers was interfering with this — the instruction page would not display.

When the bank support person told me what I should be and wasn't seeing, I used a different browser and was able to get to the needed page. Download then worked fine.

I temporarily turned off the anti-tracker, and then was able to get to the page with my primary browser. From the BitDefender support community I then found how to add an exception for Live Oak Bank to the anti-tracker.

So, you may want to change the header on this thread to something like "OSU Failure - Live Oak Bank - BitDefender Anti-Tracker". Otherwise this issue is closed (for me).

This discussion has been closed.