American Funds account no longer connected

bbrakers8
bbrakers8 Quicken Mac Subscription Member

The first time I used Quicken (not too long ago) - I linked my retirement account in American Funds. It worked fine once I figured out which of the American Funds websites to use. However, the next I used Quicken a week later, I noticed the account was no longer linked, it gave me an alert saying this. When I tried to relink, it didn't work and hasn't worked since. Its giving me some kind of script error. I tried the others thinking perhaps I was using hte wrong version of American Funds, and it gave wrong user name errors. So none of them work. Its been about a month and Ive tried reconnecting on a weekly basis. Anyone know why this is?

Comments

• cz123
    cz123 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Same issue here. It's been working fine for YEARS (though frustratingly splitting my account into sub-accounts in Quicken). Recently, American Funds forced a password change, and I also changed it in Quicken. I can log into the site fine, but the Quicken download no longer works no matter what I try. Infuriating.

• cz123
    cz123 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Just got off the phone with American Funds. They suggested using account, investment number instead of SSN for the username and it worked. So for example, 01,123456789 with no spaces.

This discussion has been closed.