Why Account Balances Report on Property & Debt tab is incorrect?

Options
P107
P107 Member ✭✭
edited July 9 in Reports (Windows)

From August 2022 thread, this apparently has never been fixed. A user called Quicken support at that time and received a ticket # T1-IN-9661319. Hard to believe they closed this without fixing the bug. Seems like something that would be trivially easy to fix.

Poor execution - why offer a function in the software and discover its wrong, and not mobilize to fix it? Too many other bugs? Reminder - we pay for this software. It should not have blatant errors go unresolved. Just take down the function if the fix is too hard…

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2
    Options

Just to confirm: You run what appears to be the same Account Balances report from the button on the Property and Debt > Net Worth tab and from Reports > Net Worth & Account Balances and the first report is wrong but the second is correct, right?

Please make sure the included accounts and the date range are the same in both reports. Also please go to Help > About Quicken and let us know what version and Edition (Deluxe, Premier, etc) you are running.

I remember that this was a problem in the past but it appears to work correctly now for me. If you look at the individual accounts in the bad report, is it just some accounts that are wrong? If you change the starting date or the interval is it still wrong?

QWin Premier subscription
  • P107
    P107 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi, to clarify, when I display the Accounts on the left border of the Home screen it displays all active credit cards and their balances. These are correct with their individual Register balances as well as the balances shown when I select Tools → Account List. In Property & Debt → Debt, the balances of the same accounts as displayed on the lower far right are wildly incorrect and of no meaning. Pity it would be nice if this just read the current balances and totaled them.

I'll try to find the time to call Quicken Customer support but dont see the time for that near-term. Just wondering why it hasnt been fixed.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Go to Reports > Net Worth & Balances > Account Balances. The seemingly identical report there is correct.

QWin Premier subscription
  • P107
    P107 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. That works, and is correct.

Phil

This discussion has been closed.