Duplicate transactions on PenFed Credit Union (Mac)

Rickd83
Rickd83 Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

When I manually enter a transaction on Quicken on a PenFed account, it does not match that transaction, but adds the same transaction (duplicates) instead of reconciling when transactions are downloaded. Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Jon
    Jon Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

I don't have a PenFed account, but I have on rare occasions had transactions not match up. Usually because the dates were too far apart (checks that took a few weeks to get cashed & cleared). If that's the problem there's nothing you can do to prevent it, it's just part of Quicken's logic that it won't match up transactions that are more than a certain number of days apart.

The best thing you can do is to manually match up the transactions by dragging the downloaded transaction onto the manually entered transaction you wanted it to match up to. This should help Quicken automatically match up similar transactions in the future.

• Rickd83
    Rickd83 Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

The transactions that did not reconcile were only 2 days apart. I had a memo/note on the manually entered transaction. I don't know if that would cause a mismatch and prevent it from matching up. I will try your tip next time to see if that fixes it. Thanks for the tip.

• Jon
    Jon Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

A memo shouldn't stop a transaction from syncing, that's not been an issue for me.

This discussion has been closed.