Financial Institutions not sending correct account Balance information

Not all financial institutions are sending correct balance information when downloading transactions. When I attempt to reconcile that balances automatically, they are not what are expected. I would like the ability to go into my quicken and adjust the reconciled balance accordingly so I can complete the reconciliation. ie Just downloaded transactions for a certain company and my recon says my online balance is 54.00$ which it is higher than that but I cannot change in Quicken to what the online balance actually is.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

What you want to do is not possible. The Online Balance is not an editable field. It is whatever the financial institution downloaded it as.

There are a couple of things that can cause the Online Balance to not be what the financial institution shows it is on their website.

• For EWC accounts: The data that is downloaded reflects what it was from the night prior to doing OSU. That is because the aggregator (Intuit) downloads data from the financial institutions at night and then holds it on their server until we run OSU when it is then downloaded into Quicken. When this "timing" issue happens, try running OSU again later in the day or by the next morning and it will often self-resolve.
    • For some EWC+ and DC accounts: The data that is download from the financial institutions occurs at the time OSU is run but some of those financial institutions will report data from the night prior. In both cases, it means that sometimes there is a timing disconnect between the current data shown on the financial institution's website and what was downloaded into Quicken. When this happens, the thing to do is to try downloading again later in the day or the next morning to see if this timing issue is resolved.
    • For EWC and EWC+ accounts that have Pending Transactions enabled: The financial institutions are not supposed to include pending transactions in the Online Balance but sometimes they do. To see if this has happened and to then correct for it, see the following pictures.:

If it is Pending Transactions that are causing the Online Balance issue: If you do not want Pending Transactions to be downloaded at all, you can turn it off by going to Tools > Preferences > Pending Transactions > OFF > OK as shown in the following picture.:

Did any of this help you to resolve the issue?

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

• Dan Murray
    Dan Murray Member ✭✭

Using Quicken Classic Deluxe - Version R56.9, Build 27.1.56.9, Windows 10 Home - have also tried setting up Pending Transactions, but I end up entering those by hand - like to know what is coming and going. It is not a Pending Transaction that is causing the issue do not have access to the screens that are shown for Balance Downloaded from - my transaction list only shows Online Balance: 54.00 end Ending Balance -??????. Guess will just have to deal with it. Thanks for Responding

This discussion has been closed.