4k and Quicken - blurry text or messed up menus

Kromtara
Kromtara Member ✭✭

Hello everyone - greetings from the void. I just got on the 4k bandwagon and would add my voice to those saying that there is probably an issue with 4k and Quicken. There were recommendations in this community regarding changing the properties on qw.exe. I tried all these combinations but ultimately had to choose between messed up menus where I can barely see the top menu (but text is clear); menus looking perfect but all the text is blurry; or giving up on 4k and moving to a lower graphic resolution (everything fine). As more users move to 4k I would recommend fixing this issue. Appreciated - Kromtara

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Kromtara,

I have forwarded this issue to my team for further investigation.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Kromtara,

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached to contribute to the investigation.

Please let me know once you have done so!

(QWIN-23544)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Kromtara
    Kromtara Member ✭✭

Hi Jasmine!

Thank you very much for getting back to me so quickly and for connecting to your team for further investigation. I regret that I won't be able to send more information for privacy reasons but trust that, if you run Quicken on any Windows PC with 4K resolution enabled, you will immediately observe the issue. There are also several posts from other Quicken users regarding the same problem. The good news is that I can still use my Quicken, though a little blurry. Appreciated - cheers! - Kromtara

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13

just curious -what are the 4k screen resolution settings -
    as my lowly laptop only has 1280 x 800

[EDIT] - added - wow …
    A 4K monitor is a display that has a native resolution of 3,840 pixels by 2,160 pixels

• madbrain
    madbrain Member ✭✭✭

I have been using a 32" 4K monitor for 7 years - actually, a pair of 32" 4K monitors (there is also a 3rd monitor, which is not 4K). I'm not quite sure what the issue is. Here are the settings I use that I believe are relevant.

• Windows Display settings / Scale and layout : 150%
    • Quicken : Edit / Preferences / Register / Register row spacing : comfortable
    • Quicken : Edit / Preferences / Register / fonts : Segoe UI 8 (might be the default)
    • Quicken : Edit / Preferences / Register / visual settings / row height : standard

These work for me with 4K. I have declining vision now. I think I was using lower scaling back in 2017 when I first moved to 4K. That's not an option anymore.

This discussion has been closed.