"Data as of" in the Investing accounts.

Lakedaisy
Lakedaisy Member ✭✭✭

When viewing any investing account (brokerage accouts) they have view for Dashboard, Portfolio and transactions.

The Dahsboard and Portfolio each have the "Data as of". Shouldn't that date automatically update to todays date? If I don't look at the account for a few days then the data I'm looking isn't current. I sometimes forget to check the "Date as of" to see if I'm on today's data or or data from a few days ago. If "Data as of" automatically updated this would be great. Then if I wanted to look at older data I could manuall change the date.

Or is there a 'setting' I have missed to make this automatically update to today's date. Thank you

Quicken user since 1986

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Do you quit Quicken, and re-launch it the next time you want to use it? Or do you leave it open and running?

If you leave it open, then it doesn't refresh the screen based on the clock. Some people might have a reason for wanting to come back to whatever they were working on and would not like it to have changed. But you can just click in the As Of date field and type 't' to make sure it's on today's day.

That said, I strongly suggest you quit and relaunch Quickn each time. That way, you're generating a backup when you quit, and you never know when a problem will crop up and a backup can bail you out.

On the other hand, if you are launching Quicken fresh today, and the As Of date is still reflecting a prior date you were looking at, that doesn't seem right. I've never seen that happen.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Gilles9
    Gilles9 Quicken Mac Subscription Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta

The only time I see "Data as of…" on a. previous date is on the weekend until the opening of stock markets on the Monday Morning ( or after a Statutory Holiday )

It is always refresh to Today, as soon as you leave the Investing sections and come back to an Investing account

• Lakedaisy
    Lakedaisy Member ✭✭✭

Thank you both, jacobs & Gilles9

Yes I close Quicken Premier Mac every time after getting the info I need. Just opened Quicken now and it has 6/12/24 so it updated. I usually check/update Quicken around 8am the first time and the stock market isn't open. So Gilles9. I'll check tomorrow before and after the stock market opens to see which has the correct date. Bet you are correct in that the as of date only updates after the market is open. Thank you both.

Quicken user since 1986
  • Lakedaisy
    Lakedaisy Member ✭✭✭

That was it Gilles9. the 'Data as of' updated to today when the market opened. Thank you.

Quicken user since 1986
This discussion has been closed.