Jump to register from category report that includes investment accounts

Fletch200
Fletch200 Member ✭✭✭
edited July 18 in Reports (Windows)

I don't know if this was broken recently or has never worked. But in a report of expenditures by category, you can double-click an amount in any category and it zooms to the transactions that make up that amount. Then you can double click any of those entries and it will take you to that entry in the register. For investment acounts, this does not work. It does zoom to the view of the individual transactions. But from there a double click just brings up the edit dialog - instead of going to that entry in the investment account register.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

As far as I know it has always worked that way. The basic reason is because of the difference in the investment register that really isn't usable to edit every type of investment transaction, so they take you to the edit dialog instead.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Fletch200
    Fletch200 Member ✭✭✭

Fair enough - I guess this is the first time I've tried to jump to an investment transaction from a report. I wish they'd just jump to the register though - I could always edit from there IF that was my intent. Thanks for confirming I'm not crazy or doing something wrongly 😀

• eqpu
    eqpu Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14

the investment register that really isn't usable to edit every type of investment transaction, so they take you to the edit dialog instead.

This is how it is from whenever I know of using Quicken. It brings up an edit dialog for many transaction types in Investment Register.

It also does not allow tags to be used in Investment Registers.

Investment Register does work a lot different than checking, saving or cash account registers.

Quicken 2012 Premier on Windows 11 Pro (Quicken User since Quicken 1998)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17

You can use tags in investment accounts wherever there is a category text box using the format category/tag.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.