Adding "Note" changes Balance

noexit23
noexit23 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I sometimes manually enter the amount of the current balance in the Notes field so that I can historically go back and find balance errors — basically to show what the balance should read and if it's different later than what my note says, I know something was inadvertently deleted or changed.
Now something VERY strange is happening: When I enter an amount in the Notes field, the running balance SOMETIMES changes… but not always. Close and reopen the app and the running balance reverts back to what I had entered in my note. Contacting support for assistance.

Comments

• noexit23
    noexit23 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    edited June 15

Well, of course support is closed. I'm replicating the issue though. I'm using Quicken R57.16 Build 27.1.57.16 on Windows 11 Enterprise. I've tried a Super Validate and Repair as well as restarting the app and rebooting.

When I enter a number in the Notes field, something recalculates and now the balance shows something different for that transaction. If I delete the note, the modified balance remains. However, If I choose a filter above that says show only Unreconciled transactions, and then revert back to All Transactions, the correct balance then displays.

Below is a transaction BEFORE I enter a note on it.

Now I'm entering a Note of the balance that this transaction should reflect.

I hit enter and the balance recalculates for some very unknown reason:

Next I toggle from "All Transactions" to "Unreconciled Transactions" and then back to "All Transactions" and the balance then displays correctly.

Anyone have any ideas what's causing this very strange behavior?

This discussion has been closed.