Quicken Transaction Report Crashes

AndrewQ
AndrewQ Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

So in one of my Quicken accounts (using latest Q version for Window,
27.1.57.16), when I try a REPORTS-->TRANSACTION-->CUSTOMIZE (to try to
select a two years time frame for one particular PAYEE), Quicken crashes and
gives me SUBMIT A PROBLEM dialog which I've sent.  Doesn't happen to any
of my other files and I did try a VALIDATE and REPAIR as well.

Yet, as a bypass, if I generate a TRANSACTION report and within that use the filters to modify the date and payee selection, it refreshes the screen with the correct selection criteria and things seem fine.

I don't see anything in the Community that might address this issue. Thoughts?

Tagged:

Comments

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm at the same 57.16 release and running the same report does not crash for me.
    Selecting a date range from the Reports and Graphs window is a little hokey, IMHO, but using keyborad date shortcuts lets me select the desired date range without clicking around in a mini calendar.

If you can reproduce the problem at will, even after restarting Quicken and/or rebooting Windows, a call to Quicken Support might be in order. Mention the problem report you already submitted.

• AndrewQ

Yes, and as I mentioned, it happens only in one of my Quicken files. I did submit the report and we'll see what happens. (This file is not a personal file (it's for a small NPO I keep the books for) , so I have no problem in even sending it to them if need be.)

• AndrewQ

So it turns out that when I did a reboot of the PC a day or two later, there was some Windows (not Quicken) maintenance that was pending to be applied during that shutdown. It seems to have 'cured' the problem as I have not seen the issue over the past few days. I'll chalk this up to a mismatch of dll's or some other type of Windows/Quicken "incompatibility issue" that the application of the Windows maintenance 'fixed'.

This discussion has been closed.