Replacing current credit card

slainte
slainte Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I have to replace a lost credit card; I want to keep the the data in the same Quicken account. I followed the instructions given here:

1. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > General tab > delete all of the Financial Institution Information (everything above the Contact Name field) > Online Services tab > Set Up Now > select the Financial Institution and follow the prompts > make sure to Link the download with the current card account in Quicken.

After the prompts, Navy Federal Credit Union produced the list of all accounts, including the credit card account. I clicked all accounts to link including the credit card account. All accounts are correct linked EXCEPT the credit card account. Too, I received error

"timestamp" : "2024-06-20T16:12:40.144-04:00",
"status" : 500,
"error" : "Internal Server Error",
"path" : "/aggregator-authv2/aggAuthError

I deactivated, then deleted all information above the Contact Name Field. The online service tab through select Financial Institution lists all accounts,. One can only check each accounts by Quicken account name to link with with Quicken. The credit card account did not link with anything and likely caused the error. Under Right Gear the CC acct remains: update now.

There was no way to link the current card with a specific account. Just a list of accounts and a check mark to link for download. The credit card account is not activated; the new card data was not added to the account.. It remains deactivated. The new CC is active on the NFCU system.

What do I do now?

Quicken R57.16 Build 27.1.57.16 Win 11

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 5 Answer ✓

Hi @slainte

Sorry that I did not respond earlier, I just saw your post above tonight.

Based on everything you have said above - yes, I think the best course of action would be to setup the new account for your credit card > then connect that to downloads from NFCU and once that is successful, you can cut and paste the transactions from the old credit card to the new account. However, make sure that the transactions you "cut and paste from the old account" actually "zero out" - otherwise you'll have a problem with the credit card balance going forward.

Let me know if you have any followup questions and how this turns out.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    edited June 21

Hi @slainte

I am a fellow NFCU member. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues trying to connect your new (replacement) NFCU credit card in Quicken. But I also am having some difficulty understanding exactly what happened when you tried to disconnect the old card and replace it in Quicken, with the new card.

From what you have said above (some of which I found hard to understand), it seems like you haven't been able to add the new credit card. I think that COULD be related to the old card settings. I assume that you tried to deactivate the old credit card and then "reconnect" your new card using the old card's account in Quicken.

Please let me know if that is the current status of your Quicken datafile. Also let me know - by looking at the the credit card account whether (when you open the credit card account's "Account Details >) the "General Tab" has the correct information in the "Account Number" field, and what information appears in the Online Services" tab.

Get back to me and we'll go from there.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• slainte

"it seems like you haven't been able to add the new credit card" correct I want the new card to link to the same Quicken account, VISA NFCU, used by the old card.

Yes, I deactivated the VISA NFCU account, cleared the Financial Institution name and old card numberer. Then I reactivated the account, and went through the new system of reactivating the accounts. Reactivating the accounts resulted in this error:
    "status" : 500,"error" : "Internal Server Error","path" : "/aggregator-authv2/aggAuthError Too, the new card information was not entered on reconnect.

I tried again, this time adding the new credit card information: Financial Institution name and Account Number' into Account Details. Same error as above. No downloads of data.

In Account Details, the Financial Institution is there; Account number is missing. As I mentioned above, if I put in account number, I still get the error code above (for every trial I ran.

I suspect the current account is rather messed up at this point. I have 2 backups during the attempts to fix this, and a backup before I started this. So I can start over the credit card installation. This was so much easier using the old manual way.

• slainte

Then I reactivated the account, and went through the new system of reactivating the accounts. Not clear.

I reactivated the account under Account Details/online services/.set up now. That setup now links to NFCU page where one selects accounts to download. I assume unlinked accts are linked here?

• slainte

It might be easier to start again from the backup file that I created before any attempts to change vise account number while using the same account. Do you have a recommended method? Thank you for responding.

• Frankx
    edited June 24

Hi again @slainte

I think I know whet happened that is making it more difficult for you to connect your new card in Quicken. NFCU is currently moving members' Quicken accounts to Express Web Connect+, and I think that is, at a minimum, causing some confusion with trying to connect your new credit card. To make sure that this change is causing your problems, please open up one or more of your NFCU registers (other than the credit card) and tell me whether you see " (Express Web Connect +)" at the top of the register. Then open the register for the problem credit card account and tell me what you see at the top of the register.

Frankx

• slainte

Thank you so much for your response.

I went back to the last good file I used before the attempt to add the new credit card (in place of old credit card). The EWC+ was not present; I see that I received the email about the update a day later than last food file.

I have now enabled EWC+. Results: all accounts show EWC+ EXCEPT the credit card account. The existing account is the old card number. I also received the 500 error message. I assume this is generated owing to a mismatch of the old credit card number in Quicken vs new number at NFCU?

The ideal now would be to use the existing Quicken Credit card account and set it up with the new card number so I preserve all data. The instructions in bold in my first post were claimed to work for those with this scenario. For NFCU I get the 500 error message and no change to the account.

At this point would it be better to set up a new account and then transfer all prior entries from the old account to the new account, then delete (after a precautionary backup) the old account? I would appreciate the best way to set up new account if this seems the fix.

It was so easy to setup and change accounts under Quicken; now under NFCU all seems to be hidden in their ether without no outside control.

• Frankx
    edited July 5 Answer ✓

Hi @slainte

Sorry that I did not respond earlier, I just saw your post above tonight.

Based on everything you have said above - yes, I think the best course of action would be to setup the new account for your credit card > then connect that to downloads from NFCU and once that is successful, you can cut and paste the transactions from the old credit card to the new account. However, make sure that the transactions you "cut and paste from the old account" actually "zero out" - otherwise you'll have a problem with the credit card balance going forward.

Let me know if you have any followup questions and how this turns out.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.