Growth of $10,000 after NVDA split

AWinTx
AWinTx Member ✭✭✭
edited July 21 in Investing (Windows)

This is a separate follow-up to this thread detailing issues with the NVDA split . Even though my stocks reflect the proper cost basis and I've adjusted the share price for the week prior to the split (since Quicken reflected the split price 5 days before the split), my Growth of 10k report shows a major dip in my "growth" for June. Do others have the same issue? Nothing else seems askew but checking the community, going back a few years, there appear to be issues with this report although it always seems to have worked and handled previous splits without issue. TIA

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21

don't see the dip - with NVDA - and my edited Price List prior to the split - entered as of 6/10 -

• AWinTx
    AWinTx Member ✭✭✭

If I run the report from 1/1/22 to today, it looks like it should so it must be related to the 4:1 stock split in July 2021 and the holdings prior to that. If anyone has shares that were purchased before that split, I'd be curious if you have the same issue. I recorded it the same way as this months'. This is what it looks like post-2021 split

TIA.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21

@AWinTx I suggest you set up the Growth of $10K so that NVDA is the only security included and see what it looks like for various time periods. Compare that to NVDA's actual performance over the same periods.

Also if you have significantly increased or decreased your holdings of NVDA near the start of a time period, Quicken's Growth of $10K produces incorrect results. There was an Idea post on that topic, but unfortunately it has been closed and archived.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.