90 seconds from Update Now to Vault Password window

CowboyNav1
CowboyNav1 Member ✭✭✭

When clicking on Update Now or Update Transactions in an account, it takes 90 seconds, with no spinning icon or indication it is working, before the Vault window comes up requesting a Password. This started on the previous Quicken Update (I was counting on the latest Update to correct it).

On Windows Quicken Classic. I went through my Vault and there were no old Accounts. Some have Passwords and the other have "Not Required" with an Key icon.

Before this issue, the Vault window normally popped up within about 10 to 15 seconds…The Update/Vault still works, but just letting you know something changed for the worse about 2 Quicken Updates ago.

Answers

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭

What's the path to your data file?

• CowboyNav1
    CowboyNav1 Member ✭✭✭

E:\XXX\Quicken

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭

Assuming that E: is an outboard drive, the usual location for the data file is on the local drive. Try moving the data file to C:/Users/[your user name]/documents/Quicken/ and see if that helps.

• CowboyNav1
    CowboyNav1 Member ✭✭✭

Thanks, but no luck…still 90 seconds.

I've had the file sitting on a partitioned local drive for a while but about 2 (maybe 3) Quicken Updates ago, this issue started. Still works but it's just a cup-of-coffee annoyance that I wanted to highlight as possibly the result of an Quicken Update.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In those 90 seconds, watching the Quicken task in Windows Task Manager, what do you see?
    % CPU busy for the task, % CPU busy over all tasks
    %Memory in use for all tasks
    %Disk busy, total for all your drives and for each individual drive
    %Network for the system and # of Mbps for the Quicken task

Are you doing an Update Now for a bank account or a brokerage account?
    If brokerage account, how many transactions are in the register and how many securities are you tracking?

Are you syncing to the Quicken cloud?

• CowboyNav1
    CowboyNav1 Member ✭✭✭

For about 3 seconds on the click of Update Now, 7 to 9 %CPU Quicken Windows Task, CPU overall about same % (most other programs closed). During the 87 sec wait, CPU Quicken Task=0%, CPU overall=7%, Memory overall=164MB, Disk=0%, Network=0%, Quicken Windows Task=164MB.

At the 90 sec point, the Quicken Window task becomes "active" and the Vault pw window appears.

Update Now set for bank and brokerage, neither has more than a few Transactions. And, of course, running the Update Now process for a few times today, there have been zero Transactions on most of the attempts.

With, what seems like, the exact delay times, it would be a software issue. As I said, this has been happening for a while and I doubt a Network issue or particular account would always produce the same result. This is why I intended to use this to alert Quicken on a possible unintended consequence of an Quicken Update.

RalphC and UKR, thanks for your quick responses and suggestions.

I'm good, as the Update Now still works.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you running a VPN?
    Try turning off the VPN

Are you running with both a WiFi connection and an Ethernet cable connection activated at the same time?
    If so, disable the WiFi connection thru Control Panel (Airplane mode may not do the trick)

• CowboyNav1
    CowboyNav1 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 29

Repeat comment of my previous comment that did not look like it went through.

• CowboyNav1
    CowboyNav1 Member ✭✭✭

No VPN, straight WiFi. Ran again, same results.

• MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭

I wonder if a simple, quick uninstall/reinstall might help. And by "quick" I mean don't bother cleaning out folders/registry keys that are left behind by the uninstall. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes and just might work.

• CowboyNav1
    CowboyNav1 Member ✭✭✭

I want to Thank You all for your valuable suggestions.

This will just continue to be a slight annoyance that doesn't impact the usefulness of the program.

Perhaps someone can Close or maybe answer "Yes" to my response's, "Did this answer the Question" in order to Close this Discussion and save everyone any more of your valuable time. I didn't want to answer "Yes" to (thanks) MHSwizzleStick's suggestion and mislead anyone else that might have this issue.

Much appreciated!

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭

@CowboyNav1 my OSU got really slow after the last update too. Same on 2 computers…..

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

This discussion has been closed.