Linking data from QIF file to Recurrency Bill/Income Reminder.

thyagocoan
thyagocoan Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Hi There,

I`m trying to link specific entries from my QIF file exported from my bank with the correct income (or bill) reminder.

Does anyone know if this is possible? I already tested matching all the information, but it doesn't work.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You can't.

Let me start by saying that there was never a time where you could "link" a QIF transaction to a reminder. The closest to that was that before they took the feature away in Quicken Subscription you could have entered the reminder into the register, and then the QIF import would match the transaction to that entry in the register and merge the two (categorizing it).

But as I said, Quicken Subscription removed that, and now you can't even match an imported QIF transaction to an existing transaction in the register.

Note that the category can be put in the QIF transaction entry, and if it is there that will import with the transaction, but of course you have to have control of creating the QIF file and some way to insert the category into the QIF transactions.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You can't.

Let me start by saying that there was never a time where you could "link" a QIF transaction to a reminder. The closest to that was that before they took the feature away in Quicken Subscription you could have entered the reminder into the register, and then the QIF import would match the transaction to that entry in the register and merge the two (categorizing it).

But as I said, Quicken Subscription removed that, and now you can't even match an imported QIF transaction to an existing transaction in the register.

Note that the category can be put in the QIF transaction entry, and if it is there that will import with the transaction, but of course you have to have control of creating the QIF file and some way to insert the category into the QIF transactions.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.