Does Quicken Planner adjust the "Yearly Living Expenses" for inflation?

hn14246
hn14246 Member ✭✭

My current yearly expenses are $77,000, with inflation of 3%, what will my expenses be in 28 years when I retire? Thank you.

Best Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The math — 1.03 ^ 28 = 2.29 leads to a touch over $176,000 for your living expenses 28 years from now. With a ton of implied assumptions!

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited July 3 Answer ✓

In Lifetime Planner, you can view the plan in future dollars by clicking on the gear icon>Show amounts in future value. You can view year to year detail (income, expense, portfolio/account value) by clicking on any bar (any year) in the "Plan Results" graph, which brings up the summary table for that year.

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The math — 1.03 ^ 28 = 2.29 leads to a touch over $176,000 for your living expenses 28 years from now. With a ton of implied assumptions!

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited July 3 Answer ✓

In Lifetime Planner, you can view the plan in future dollars by clicking on the gear icon>Show amounts in future value. You can view year to year detail (income, expense, portfolio/account value) by clicking on any bar (any year) in the "Plan Results" graph, which brings up the summary table for that year.

• hn14246
    hn14246 Member ✭✭

Thank you, Q-Lurker and Scooterlam, for your quick reply. Your answers were spot on. I've been a long-time Quicken user but never used this forum before. It's great to know you can count on kind expertise in the community. Best Regards.

This discussion has been closed.