Quicken Will Not Download TD Canada Trust Transactions as of July 5, 2024

84tiger
84tiger Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

It appears TD Canada Trust has made changes to to format of their chequing and savings accounts effective July 5, 2024. I have tried several times to download transactions to Quicken and get an error "Quicken is unable to complete your request. OL-221-A". Anyone with a solution or having similar problems? I have contacted TD and Quicken via phone to notify them of the problem but no fix yet. Quicken support wanted me to deactivate the account and then add the account but after selecting the financial institution and adding the account userid and pw it fails with an error that it cannot connect to the Quicken servers.

Canadian Quicken running on Windows Version R54.17 Build 27.1.54.17

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

First, if you haven't already, please take a moment to review this support article regarding error OL-221.

Also, in order for us to move forward, could each of you please confirm which connection method you are using and receiving error code OL-221 with (i.e.: Express Web Connect, Direct Connect, or Web Connect QFX)?

Check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Powerlefty
    Powerlefty Quicken Windows Subscription Unconfirmed, Member

I have the same issue. No problem downloading from other credit card companies. Also can download transactions for a TD credit card. Cannot download TD bank account transactions. Just occurred in the last 2 days.

• Powerlefty
    Powerlefty Quicken Windows Subscription Unconfirmed, Member

Downloaded and installed most recent version. R56.9 Build 27.1.56.9 Canada.

Problem still persists.

• 84tiger

Yes, I forgot to add in my original post that TD credit card data downloads properly. Also, business bank account transactions appear to download properly. Personal bank account transactions will not download.

• Eric_B
    Eric_B Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Argh! Also happening to me. Same error code.

When you look at what their support says, it seems only compatible with Quicken 2017 and 2018? That may be an old support page.

What supported software for downloads can I use with EasyWeb?

The following software for downloads is supported for use with EasyWeb:

• QuickBooks for Mac 2018 and 2017
    • QuickBooks Pro, Accountant, Premier or Enterprise 2018 and 2017
    • Quicken 2018 and 2017  

Hopefully this gets fixed soon…

• MAS77
    MAS77 Quicken Canada Subscription Member

Experienced the same error message everyone else is seeing. When I contacted TD EasyWeb support via chat, they kept pointing me to CSV and ignoring the fact that the QFX process had worked for years. I also have no issue downloading from my TD Credit card.

• Ripper
    Ripper Quicken Canada Subscription Member ✭✭

same problem here…..get an error "Quicken is unable to complete your request. OL-221-A"

• Khyron
    Khyron Quicken Canada Subscription Member

Yep, I noticed a few months ago when they were using the "new look" on a few pages - send a support email to TD about that error when I got it but assumed they'd fix it before moving everything. I looked at the file in notepad, the missing field is there so I don't know exactly what Quicken is crashing over. Super frustrating indeed!

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

First, if you haven't already, please take a moment to review this support article regarding error OL-221.

Also, in order for us to move forward, could each of you please confirm which connection method you are using and receiving error code OL-221 with (i.e.: Express Web Connect, Direct Connect, or Web Connect QFX)?

Check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja

• shumjai
    shumjai Quicken Canada Subscription Member

I will answer what is going on. This problem is with Web Connet QFX. TD bank has changed the format of the QFX file that you are downloading. I am guessing that you had this account set up as chequing but the new downloads have changed the account type to PDA whatever that means.

If you open the QFX file in notepad you will see what I mean. Here is the old file:

<BANKACCTFROM>
    <BANKID>300000100
    <ACCTID>XXXXXXX
    <ACCTTYPE>CHECKING
    </BANKACCTFROM>

Here is the new file

<BANKACCTFROM>
    <BANKID>300000100
    <ACCTID>XXXXXXX
    <ACCTTYPE>PDA
    </BANKACCTFROM>

Quicken wants the ACCTTYPE to be CHECKING so if fails. This is a TD bank problem not a Quicken problem. The work around will be to use the direct connect method where quicken talks to your bank directly and you don't download the file yourself.

• MarcR
    MarcR Quicken Canada Subscription Member ✭✭✭

Hi,

I too am having no joy in trying to download my transactions. I see TD has revamped their website since I last downloaded my transactions July1st. If others go directly to their bank accounts like I do, then it is a Web Connect QFX file that we download and Quicken just processes the file, usually but not now. Having to call TD tech support is like going to the dentist, no fun at all.

I hope it gets resolved soon as this happened a couple of years ago at TD.

Regards

• 84tiger

It appears that as of July 6 morning TD has reverted to the old account format at least for my All Inclusive account. I tried to download transactions and still no joy although I am not getting the OL-221 error. It just doesn't download anything. I have examined the latest qfx file and the account type is CHECKING.

• 84tiger

In my account list information these accounts show Express Web Connect as the connection method. However, my typical work flow is to download the qfx file from the TD bank account. I assume this is the Web Connect QFX method.

• Quicken Anja

Thank you all for confirming that this is occurring with a Web Connect QFX file!

Since you are experiencing this issue with a QFX file, this does mean that there is an issue with the file itself, and you will need to contact the financial institution directly to resolve this as it is the financial institution that creates and provides these QFX files.

However, we will also be forwarding this issue internally to have this further investigated on our end as well and so our teams can be made aware of this. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• MarcR
    MarcR Quicken Canada Subscription Member ✭✭✭

Looks like TD reverted back to the "old" look of their website and I am once again able to download transactions. 🇨🇦

• pwlong777
    pwlong777 Quicken Canada Subscription Unconfirmed, Windows Beta, Canada Beta Beta

I had this issue also. I have 2 sets of accounts that I download through web connect (mine and my wife's). After getting the error code, I eventually discovered that my checking account had somehow been associated with her set of accounts. I deactivated this account and then reactivated it under my set of accounts and things then worked.

• pwlong777
    pwlong777 Quicken Canada Subscription Unconfirmed, Windows Beta, Canada Beta Beta

To be clear, when I referred to web connect in my previous post, I meant express web connect

• Quicken Anja

Hello All,

Could each of you please confirm if you are still experiencing this issue or if it has been resolved?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• 84tiger

It appears that since TD reverted to the old account format the issue has been resolved for me. I have tried both Web Connect QFX and Express Web Connect and they both download properly. If others are still having problems with downloads I would suggest deactivating and reactivating the account. I'm not sure this is necessary but at some point in the process of trying to get downloads to work again I completed that step.

• ejg$0118
    ejg$0118 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I have had the problem since the beginning of July. Just spoke to quicken support and they set my account to download with Express Web Connect and it appears that i can now download TD Bank tranactions

• ejg$0118
    ejg$0118 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I take back what I just posted. Future bill pay transactions do not download.

• 84tiger

Today, Express Web Connect did not work for my All Inclusive account but did work for the credit card accounts. I tried downloading the All Inclusive account from the bank side with Web Connect QFX and it worked. Not sure what is going on - one day it works, the next day it doesn't and it appears different customers have different results on the same day. Between the two types of download I manage to get the transactions downloaded but it is pretty frustrating not knowing what is going to work and what isn't from day to day.

• JosefW
    JosefW Quicken Canada Subscription Member ✭✭

Web Connect still worked for me in downloading my TD bank transactions for July, last done on July 8. (I have 5 different chequing accounts. (For my US$ chequing account I have to select "US Chequing" in the "Download Account As" menu). I have included a screenshot of the window that opens in TD after initiating the download to Quicken in the TD account page. I have always had the box checked that reads "Let me check these settings each time I download".

Because of security and the difficulties I had trying to set up Express Web Connect due to 2 factor verification I've decided to not use Express Web Connect.

Here is the Online setting in Quicken for my US$ chequing account.

• smayer97
    smayer97 Quicken Mac Other SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Todya's issues could have something to do with "global" Windows outage caused by Crowdstrike.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.