Savings Goals - Sort by Due Date

kwicken4me
kwicken4me Member

Right now Savings Goals has the ability to sort by

- Date Created

- Name

- Goal Amount

- % Complete

To me, none of these options makes sense. It would be more useful to be able to sort by the Due Date (I believe quicken calls it 'Finish Date'). At least for me, the savings goals that are due first need to be satisfied first. To that end, it would be useful to sort the goals by the "Finish Date" (Due Date).

5 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins Quicken Windows 2017 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

"It would be more useful to be able to sort by the Due Date."

Until such a feature is added, you could include the Finish Date in the Savings Goal name (in the form YY-MM-DD New Car), and sort on Name.

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mrharper
    mrharper Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

For me what would be most useful, is if the planning tab allowed me to set my default sort order (based on the drop down options available) vs always reverting back to date created as the default. Would it be possible to consider this option in a future update?

• mshiggins
    mshiggins Quicken Windows 2017 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

"For me what would be most useful, is if the planning tab allowed me to set my default sort order (based on the drop down options available) vs always reverting back to date created as the default."

I think that's a good idea, but that's not what this "Idea discussion" is about.

Users who want what the original poster wants, but not what you want (or vice versa), should not be forced to vote for something they don't want, to get what they do want.

I suggest you start your own Idea discussion for just your idea. And make sure you Vote for your idea.

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• MarthaW
    MarthaW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

A sort option by "finish date" would be a wonderful. I'm already adding a priority in the name to aid in the sort by name feature that was added a couple of years ago but priorities and finish dates change and it is cumbersome to have to change the account name every time.