Major Problems After R 57.26 Update This Morning (7/10/24)

robhouston
robhouston Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

After a Quicken update upon launch this morning, I now have Windows Classic version R57.26, build 27.1.57.26 running under Windows 10.

However, I immediately began to have problems upon launch after the update. The launch was extremely slow, I can't add transactions, and I can't change memorized transactions. Essentially, the whole thing is useless.

I've reinstalled Quicken by downloading from the Quicken website, and I've rebooted my computer multiple times, but none of this has fixed the problem.

Ideas or solutions?

Best Answers

• robhouston
    Answer ✓

Okay, so I've at least resolved my problem. It turns out that after today's update, Windows 10 Ransomware Protection blocked access to the Quicken file. Unblocking resolved all issues, and all is now good in the Quicken world ——- at least for me.

• robhouston
    Answer ✓

To unblock access to the Quicken file in Windows 10 using the Ransomware protection, click on Settings, Update & Security, Windows Security, Virus & Threat Protection, then under Ransomware Protection at the bottom, click on Manage Ransomware Protection. Click on Block History to see if the Quicken file has been blocked. If so, you can allow it there.

If you don't have Ransomware Protection turned on, then this won't be your problem with Quicken. Note that if you turn Ransomware Protection on, you may experience a similar problem with other applications on your computer, but the same process resolves access to the folders.

Good luck!

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• SueB123
    SueB123 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

same or similar issues since installing new release…..this release is a nightmare

• rhcat
    rhcat Quicken Windows Subscription Member

What's going on? This is frustrating and having somewhat similar issues. Looks like most data are not showing up on my accounts, values, totals are all out of whack.

• robhouston
    Answer ✓

Okay, so I've at least resolved my problem. It turns out that after today's update, Windows 10 Ransomware Protection blocked access to the Quicken file. Unblocking resolved all issues, and all is now good in the Quicken world ——- at least for me.

• rkanagy
    rkanagy Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I'm having issues too. My issue is that after installing the update, I am unable to make changes to memorized bill reminders. After making the changes, Quicken works as if the change has been made, but when I reload Quicken, the updates I made were lost. I was able to successfully delete a reminder I no longer needed, though.

Any help on this would be great.

• rhcat
    rhcat Quicken Windows Subscription Member

@robhouston How did you 'unblock' - or do what you did to resolve the issue?

• rkanagy

I also would like to mention that when I synced my transactions with the mobile app, the updated reminder date for the next instance of the reminders I updated did not change to the new date. So, syncing and the Windows app are having issues. I am running on Windows 11.

• rkanagy

After going back a couple versions using the patch files mentioned in a previous post to this thread, I was still having the issue with my changes to memorized transactions (i.e. the due date for the next instance of the reminders), I was still having the issue. So, I uninstalled Quicken completely and even deleted the Quicken folder in the "Program Files (x86)" folder, and then reinstalled the latest version. At some point in this process, I noticed that the due dates reverted back to the pre-change date when I synced with the mobile app. After installing the latest version, and then made the changes to the reminders, I did not do a sync upon closing the app, just did a backup, and the updates I made to the reminders did not revert back to their original dates.

So, at this point, the issue is really with syncing, and not the Windows app itself, or so it appears. I don't use the mobile app so syncing is not a big issue for me.

• robhouston
    Answer ✓

To unblock access to the Quicken file in Windows 10 using the Ransomware protection, click on Settings, Update & Security, Windows Security, Virus & Threat Protection, then under Ransomware Protection at the bottom, click on Manage Ransomware Protection. Click on Block History to see if the Quicken file has been blocked. If so, you can allow it there.

If you don't have Ransomware Protection turned on, then this won't be your problem with Quicken. Note that if you turn Ransomware Protection on, you may experience a similar problem with other applications on your computer, but the same process resolves access to the folders.

Good luck!

• JILL CALDER
    JILL CALDER Quicken Canada Subscription Member

tried these suggestions. Still sluggish and not opening the current files.

• SueB123
    SueB123 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

This worked for me…thanks for sharing. It was a hot mess yesterday

• robhouston

I'm glad it helped someone else.

• Richnewyork
    Richnewyork Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I'm using windows 11 with the same update issue from release 27.1.57.26.

Turning off Ransomware protection resolved all my issues.

• Golf
    Golf Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

R57.26 update wiped out all my passwords in the password vault. I'm on web version of Quicken running on Microsoft 365. Also, restoring from a backup file doesn't appear to be working properly.

Any easy solutions without having to manually set up all this information again?

• Rickie Abbott
    Rickie Abbott Member ✭✭✭

I also have this problem, quicken will not auto or manual backup to 256gb USB. Windows11 Protection History is showing blocking Quicken. but how do you fix this?

This discussion has been closed.