Maturity Dates for Bonds & CDs

marquedat
marquedat Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
edited August 15 in Investing (Windows)

Last week I closed all my Vanguard accounts and had them transferred to Fidelity. Once all accounts were transferred I went to Quicken (I have Quicken Classic Premier Ver. R57.26) and moved positions out of Vanguard accounts into my Fidelity Accounts. Everything seems correct in my Fidelity accounts, however, when I print a "Maturity Dates for Bonds and CDs Report" the bonds and CDs that were in my Vanguard accounts still show as being in my Vanguard accounts as well as now being in my Fidelity accounts. I.E., the report has now doubled up any bond or CD positions that I transferred over. Again, all stock, bond and CD positions are correct in my various Fidelity accounts, this is only an issue with this report.

Any help appreciated.

RW

Tagged:

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never used that report and don't really understand why they're being shown twice, except maybe just a quirk in the programming.

If the entire portfolio in every Quicken/Vanguard Account was transferred intact to Fidelity, you probably could have avoided this issue by simply continuing to use the existing Quicken/Vanguard Accounts, (changing the names if "Vanguard" was in the name) and then connecting those Accounts to Fidelity. If there haven't been a ton of transactions in the Fidelity Accounts from "last week" to "today" you could still go that route by restoring a backup.

But it seems like the easiest path here would to customize the report, making sure the Quicken/Vanguard Accounts aren't being included among the Accounts feeding information to the report. Does that work?

• marquedat
    marquedat Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Since I now only have Fidelity brokerage accounts, I went into the report setting and eliminated all accounts except those at Fido. Your suggestion worked like a charm! I've been using Quicken since it was on floppy disks and there are a lot of changes I've missed over the years.

Tom, thanks so much for solving my problem. No wonder your a SuperUser!!!!

RW

• q_lurker
    q_lurker Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe what you are seeing is a bug. There is great room for improvement to that report. See this idea. I believe the bug you are seeing falls in-line with the comment about redeemed bonds continuing to be shown.

This discussion has been closed.