bug - retirement account creation defaults to cad even if currency set to usd.

questionsforever
questionsforever Quicken Canada Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

If you create a new retirement account, it asks for the name and the currency. If I select US dollar, and then create the account, it still does not respect this choice and defaults to CAD as the new register currency. What is the point to ask for the currency of the retirement account if quicken canadian edition will default to cad for the account currency anyway?

It seems you have to create a brokerage account first in USD, then say it is tax deferred, then click the 'convert to rrsp' button on the account info dialog, and only then will it become a US dollar RRSP account.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @questionsforever,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and reporting this bug, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This bug has been confirmed internally and I have gone ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution.

Unfortunately, we won't have an ETA on this. However, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing awareness to this issue!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.