Missing transactions and incorrect balances for Truist checking account

vlnielsen
vlnielsen Member ✭✭

I use Windows 11 and Quicken version R57.26.

After Apr 29, 2024 I stopped getting downloads from my Truist checking account. I am using One Step Update to update my account. I have seen this before and just waited for a couple of updates and it downloaded all the missing transactions. As of today the missing transactions have still not been downloaded and the balance is way off. I checked my account statements back to Jan 2020 and the balance on the statement is not the same as in Quicken. I am diligent in reconciling my accounts about every 2 weeks so I don't understand how it could be so out-of-whack so far back. There have been no error messages from the bank.

I have a Truist Savings account too and I have no troubles with this account.

Thanks for looking into this.

Comments

• vlnielsen
    vlnielsen Member ✭✭

I forgot to mention that on June 10,2024 the transactions started downloading again from Truist but there were no transactions downloaded in the period April 29 - June 9, 2024.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not know what might have caused the transactions in your checking account to be missing from the download.

However, you can try to download the missing Date Range from the bank's website in the format of a QFX download file which you can import into your account register.
    Alternatively, or if that isn't working, manually enter the missing transactions, based on a hardcopy of the monthly account statement.

• vlnielsen
    vlnielsen Member ✭✭

I downloaded transactions via the bank website and that picked up the missing transactions. I determined that the account balance is off by $11,155.69 which coincidentally is the balance on this account when it was first entered in Quicken in 2000. Can I just make the recommended adjustment when reconciling to get the account in balance again? Will this affect any of the previous balances or will they all still be off by $11,155.69?

This discussion has been closed.