Budget report for future months

BigSpender69
BigSpender69 Quicken Canada Subscription Member ✭✭
edited July 22 in Canada Windows

Hi,

I would like an option to be able to display my budget report for future months. This is handy because it is much easier to read the budget report rather than going into the budget itself.

2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24

I think to make this very useful they would also have to support using reminders in the budget reports, which they don't do right now.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins Quicken Windows 2017 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand what problem you're experiencing. What have you tried that makes you think you can not include future months in the budget reports?

I have no problem Customizing the Current Budget report to display future months - even future years. And the Historical Budget report will display all months for the selected year (but nothing past the end of the current year).

But as Chris_QPW notes, the future months will have little value for the normal use of a budget report, as there are no Actual values to compare to. 

[And unless you have already created a budget for subsequent years, you'll just get a repeat of this year's budget for subsequent year's budgets.]

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• BigSpender69

Oh sorry, what I meant was to have a menu item (shortcut) that says, show next month instead of going to the custom date and having to specify the start and end dates.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the clarification. That makes it lot clearer of what you were requesting.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins Quicken Windows 2017 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

" ... what I meant was to have a menu item (shortcut) that says, show next month instead of going to the custom date and having to specify the start and end dates."

What about Customizing the Current Budget report to have a Date Range of "Yearly", saving that report and putting a link to it on your Quicken Toolbar.

If will show all, and only, the months of the chosen budget year (presumably the current year), but faster to access than starting from scratch to specify a single month.

Or, if you really want to see only one future month, you could Customize the report to have a Custom date range and save that to be run from the Quicken Toolbar. When the report came up you'd only have to change the End Date once a month - until a new budget year rolled around.

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• BigSpender69

Wow, that didn't even cross my mind! OMG, I'm a senior IT PC/Windows tech on top of it. You just shamed me hahahaha. I must be getting old. The hamster wheel up top is not spinning at 100%